5 Ways to Boost Your Confidence
Because they lack confidence. They don’t believe in themselves. I know a lot of people who want to succeed but have little or no confidence in themselves.
30 Day Personal Development Course
Little Steps is an email course that gives you 30 actionable steps, one each and every day, to help you overcome the challenges you’re experiencing in your life right now.
I’m going to give you 5 ways to boost your self confidence, and increase your chances of success in life. Keep in mind though that true confidence can’t be gained overnight. Much like everything in life, you really need to take small steps – consistently – if you want to increase your confidence.
5 Tried and Tested Ways to Boost Your Confidence
- Keep trying. No one is perfect, even the most successful and confident people in this world make mistakes. If you fail at something, pick yourself up and try again. Instead of wallowing in self pity, learn from your mistakes so you could do better next time.
- Stop worrying. I know a lot of people who obsessively worry about what’s going to happen. Did worrying make them successful? Not really. Nothing drains a person’s confidence more than worrying. All of us are only given a set amount of time and energy each day. Instead of focusing on what might go wrong, focus on what you can do to make things better. Coming up with solutions will not only increase your confidence, it will also hone your skills in your line of work.
- Cut out the negative self talk. Fight it by speaking positively about yourself, your life and your qualities. Don’t be afraid to highlight your strengths to others, as often this is the only way they’ll recognise your talents. Speaking positively about yourself will also reinforce the idea in your mind, encouraging your confidence to grow.
- Just do it. Nike’s tag line is a good mantra for people who want to succeed. The world is ruled by doers and risk takers who are confident in what they do. If you want to be like them, start taking action. Taking a step towards your goal, no matter how small it is, will increase your confidence, and this confidence will go stronger each day you take a step towards achieving your dream.
- Create a success portfolio. You have a skills and talents, even if you don’t always recognise them. Recall your previous successes and list the skills you used to achieve them. This list is your success portfolio. Keep it with you and look at it from time to time, especially when you’re feeling down. Having a list of previous achievements will encourage you to take pride in them and gain confidence in what you can do.
Start building your confidence by following the tips above. Remember, even a little change goes a long way. Just continue to improve yourself day by day and you’ll get to the top eventually.