Healthy Habits of Success for 2012
So the end of 2011 is almost here, many people may be tempted to make some New Years Resolutions, but we all know how well they work, don’t we? But it still a great time to turn over a new leaf, so to speak. So how about making the decision to start the new year with some new healthy habits of success instead?
Stephen Covey’s [amazon ASIN=”0684858398″]7 habits of highly effective people[/amazon] is a great place to start for some good examples. Wiki-pedia has a great summary of them, which will save you a lot of reading! Here is a quick run through to get you going:-
The 7 Habits
- Habit 1: Be Proactive, Synopsis: Take initiative in life by realizing that your decisions. Take responsibility for your choices and the subsequent consequences that follow.
- Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind, Synopsis: Self-discover and clarify your deeply important character values and life goals.
- Habit 3: Put First Things First, Synopsis: Plan, prioritize, and execute your week’s tasks based on importance rather than urgency.
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win, Synopsis: Genuinely strive for mutually beneficial solutions or agreements in your relationships.
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood, Synopsis: Use empathetic listening to be genuinely influenced by a person, which compels them to reciprocate the listening and take an open mind to being influenced by you.
- Habit 6: Synergies, Synopsis: Get the best performance out of a group of people through encouraging meaningful contribution, and modeling inspirational and supportive leadership.
- Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw, Synopsis: Balance and renew your resources, energy, and health to create a sustainable, long-term, effective lifestyle.
So now I’ve saved you several hours of reading, you have all the information you need to start making some changes ready for 2012. Now it just leaves me to say, I hope you have a wonderful New Year and that 2012 is the year all your dreams come true. Remember ActionPodcast would love to help you achieve those dreams so just let us know if there is anything we can do to help!