Practice Active Listening
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 11:18 — 5.3MB) | Embed
Have you ever noticed that moment when the person you’re speaking to suddenly seems to mentally drift away, their eyes glaze over and you know they’re not listening to you any more? Do you do that to others?
In this podcast, Sam and Chris discuss three levels of listening and offer practical tips to ensure you not only listen well but remain engaged and interested in your conversations.
This topic was inspired by the recent request from a listener, and our answering podcast – The Dance of a Social Butterfly.
If you have downloaded the podcast from iTunes remember to post a review and visit our website at ActionPodcast.com to leave a comment or contact one of the presenters directly. Sign up to receive the podcast directly to your inbox, plus an additional weekly blog post! You’ll also be the first to receive a copy of our new e-Book.
You may also like these posts
- Quick Confidence Boost Even if you are one of the most confident people you know, chances are every so often you'll need a quick way to give yourself a quick […]
- The Dance of a Social Butterfly Meeting new people in any situation can inspire a mixture of fear, excitement, nervousness and anticipation - depending on how easily we […]
- The fine art of listening THINK BACK… to the last time someone really listened to you. I mean really listened. For more than a few minutes. Without interrupting. […]
- Taking care of YOU For many of us, spending time helping others is second nature. We willingly sacrifice our own priorities and needs, and give more to […]
- 6 Top Tips for Team Work I've been buzzing for over 24 hours as ActionPodcast hit a major milestone on Monday - surpassing 50,000 downloads since we launched! The […]